Dubai Court Summons: Hermann Seiler, Richard Cox, KK Jajodia

A Court summons was published by the Dubai Court of the First Instance in Arabic in the Arabic daily newspaper Al Khaleej on July 1, 2012 and was also published by the plaintiffs representative in English in The Gulf Today newspaper, print version, on July 5, 2012

A claim lodged in the Dubai Court named Hermann Seiler, Richard Cox, and KK Jajodia as respondents for breach of contract, breaches of non-circumvention non-disclosure agreement, and the diversion of business in relation to funds facilitated by the Abu Dhabi Royal Family, and all business stemming from such breaches.

The Notice read:

Government of Dubai; Dubai Court of the first Instance 02-06-2012 NO: 49786 SUMMONS OF DEFENDANT BY PUBLICATION IN THE GAZETTE CONCERNING CASE NO 342/2012, FULLY CIVIL



The Court scheduled the hearing to be held on Wednesday, 18/07/2012 at 9:30 am Chamber 1.C.15 to look into the case. Therefore the defendants are hereby summoned by the court to attend the hearing in person or in proxy with the right to submit any pleadings or memorandum three days prior to the date of the hearing.

Background of the Defendants:
Mr. Richard Cox is an Indian who was living in Dubai at the time and was or is a director of Fortune Super Equity Management Inc.
Mr. Hermann Seiler is a German national and is the Chief Operating Officer of Fortune Super Equity Management LLC and subsidiaries; he is also a Director of Fortune Management, Inc.(FMI) In 2005, he joined FMI as a Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of the Private Equity Group. Mr. Seiler also became a major shareholder of FMI along with Deutsche Bank. In November 2005 he assumed responsibility for the development of the firm´s initiatives in the U.A.E. and was responsible for the structuring and the establishment of Fortune Super Equity Management L.L.C., FMI owns 10% of Fortune Super Equity Management LLC while the remaining 90% is owned by the Abu Dhabi Royal family. Mr. Seiler serves full time in the capacity as Managing Director Investments, Chief Acquisition Officer, Member of Management Board, and Member of Investment Committee. Mr. Seiler served as a Senior Vice President of Deutsche Bank and worked in various positions for the investment banking division in Frankfurt, New York and London. He was one of the founding members of the area project financing of Deutsche Bank, was responsible for the financing of projects in the amount of more than $1 billion and for the structuring of the first transaction of Deutsche Bank for an oil and gas project. During his time at Deutsche Bank, Mr Seiler oversaw the Global Information Technology area for Deutsche Bank's Worldwide Investment Banking Operations, was a member of various supervisory bodies, including the Supervisory Board Technology Committee of the German Stock Exchange, the Board of the Germany-wide Active credit card organization GZS (Deputy Chairman) and the Board of Pago, the largest Internet payment system in Europe. Mr. Seiler was instrumental in the launch of Deutsche Terminbörse as well as Deutsche Börse´s electronic exchange XETRA. He has been a Director of NetGain Development Inc. since June 15, 1999 and also sits on the Technology Board of the German Stock Exchange. He also worked for a subsidiary of the QI LTD / Goldquest International Ltd. The QI Group, was co-founded by Dr. Vijay Eswaran in 1998 and is an e-commerce based conglomerate. Mr. Seiler currently works for SHEDLIN Capital AG as a project manager for Al Alamia Trading FZC and Al Alamia Arabian Gulf FZC.
Mr. K.K. Jajodia is an Indian national and Chairman of Duncan Macneill Group, UK and Chairman Assam Group, India.